Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Major Existential Question

It's important to ponder the important questions, the big ones that define us as people and help us find our place in the world. What do we think happens when we die? Do we believe in god? Does individual freedom trump our responsibility to others? Actually, I've got these three figured out. So now I'm working on another of the big ones:

What's my ideal karaoke song?

I've never done karaoke, but it's still an important question. So far, I'm leaning towards Rod Stewart's "Do You Think I'm Sexy?"; it's got the right combination of disco vibe, inadvertently funny lyrics, and memorable, easily-imitable video. It would let me do the goofy dance, and I could play it either straight or wacky, depending on my mood. The only prop I'd need would be a scarf.

What do you think -- any better suggestions? And, what's your ideal karaoke song?

2 comments:

Ted said...

I don't know about Rod Stewart. I think I like Right Said Fred "I'm too sexy". The words are easy and it's got a memorable video too.

Jennifer B. said...

Personally, my favorite TWO songs are "Love Shack" by the B-52s (if I have a guy to sing with me), or "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper. Both are upbeat, get the crowd engaged, and are a LOT of fun to sing. :)