Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I needed that.

We paid our taxes yesterday. And I mean paid. Unlike a lot of people, we don't get a refund -- we have self-employment income, so we owe social security, and we don't have taxes withheld from these jobs. And this year was a bigger hit than we were expecting. So I spent this morning feeling depressed about money. And I wanted a treat of some kind, even if it's my usual $2 coffee-and-bagel combo, but I just couldn't justify spending the money.

So, I was a bit down when I was setting up for the Indiana Secretary of State seminar in the Artsgarden today. But, it turned out that Chick-fil-A donated a bunch of lunches for the seminar patrons. So when they brought me yummy lunch (with a fudge brownie!), it was exactly what I needed. It's a little thing, I know, but that free lunch really brightened my outlook and gave me the vibe that better times are ahead. I know it's a little silly, but I feel much, much better now....

No comments: