Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year!

It's 2009 -- yay! And, I've gotta say I'm happy to see 2008 go. It was many kinds of bad year, and very few kinds of good year. I didn't accomplish a lot of what I wanted to accomplish, and I spent a lot of the year in a state of unlocalized angst. Election, economy, and government, combined with not nearly enough time spent writing: it's a recipe for low-grade constant stress.

But I've got high hopes for this year. Unlike previous years, I'm not making a pile of resolutions. This year, I've only got one big resolution: finish a novel. I've got lots of problems with my writing, but I think that I'll be a lot happier with a finished novel under my belt -- even if it sucks. Instead of cranking out a hundred thousand words of functionally random text, I need to focus it all in the direction of one single project. And then finish it. So this is the goal for the year -- a novel, good or bad. Wish me luck....

No comments: