Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Unhealthy habits

Since I haven't really needed to go anywhere for the past week, I haven't been on the bike in a week either. Nor have I gotten any other real exercise, so I'm starting to feel like a slug. My eating habits need work, too. I tend to snack a lot and eat unhealthy food when I have significant chunks of time off. Laura always makes a delicious healthy dinner, but the single healthy meal doesn't balance my eating an entire bag of chocolate-covered pretzels for breakfast. Yesterday, I even hit the baked-goods trifecta: cake for breakfast, cookies for lunch, and pie after dinner. I've got to stop this. I don't know if I'm making actual New Year's Resolutions this year; I may decide not to make grand statements about how much I'm going to exercise or how healthy I'll eat. But I definitely need to start taking better care of my body. I'm not old*, but now's the time to start paying attention. It's much easier to stay in shape than it is to get back in shape....

* Dennis the peasant: "I'm thirty-seven! I'm not old!"

No comments: