Saturday, November 29, 2008

bumping into things, all day long

I woke up this morning with a big, painful pimple on my nose -- right where my glasses ride. So I'm spending the day without wearing my glasses. It's a bit like an extremely nearsighted vacation; I can't really do anything that requires eyesight, like driving or watching movies. I can type, by a combination of leaning in close to my laptop screen and using Firefox's handy zoom feature. And I can read, by holding the book close to my face. But I've got terrible eyesight without my glasses, so even a bunch of ordinary stuff is a bit challenging when everything looks fuzzy. I even had some difficulty making espresso this morning. It'll be an interesting, and extremely inactive, day. Which is good; I've got a huge backlog of books to read....

No comments: