Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another actual conversation

I should preface this by mentioning that Laura just finished some stressful work on a live Billy Joel show -- not the actual Billy Joel, but a good cover band with interesting backup. Also, we wake up to Jack-FM on the radio, all classic rock, all the time.

Laura: "You know that, for the next few weeks, we're going to have to turn the radio off when a Billy Joel song plays."
Jeff: "Okay. Even 'Piano Man'?"
L: "Yes."
J: "How about 'Still Rock and Roll to Me'?"
L: "Yes.... Were you planning on listing his entire catalog?"
J: "Pretty much, yeah."
L: "Oh, you so don't want to go there with me."
J: "Yeah? 'We Didn't Start the Fire', by the way."
L: "Okay, 'Leavon'." [I despise Elton John, but it gets stuck in my head easily.]
J: "Ouch! 'Modern Woman'!"
L: "'Honky Cat'."
J: "Okay, okay -- I surrender and apologize! You fight dirty!"
L: "You know it!"

But I got one last one in -- I just text-messaged her with, "UPTOWN GIRL!"

No comments: