Thursday, October 30, 2008

Watch me spel wurds rite

For the first time in 25 years, I participated in a spelling bee on Tuesday. It's sponsored by IndyReads, and it was a blast. We got to eat sub sandwiches and cookies while trying to remember how many n's are in "innocuous", while wearing goofy costumes. I had no intention of going, but Laura and Dance Kaleidoscope bought a table, and I was Laura's date. And I got conscripted for my superior English-Major Knowledge Of Words. Which is pretty funny, given that I couldn't remember how many n's are actually in "innocuous". But we did okay, and everyone had a blast, and Indy Reads raised both funds and awareness. Plus, Laura looks awfully cute in costume!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff - Congratulations on being a medalist!!!
Travis

Anonymous said...

Pics man, I want to see pics of the costumes! :)

Jennifer B. said...

er - that was me :)