Sunday, October 19, 2008

I can't believe this is a real product...

The bicycle-mounted blender. So you can make smoothies while you ride. It's the universal model, which will attach to an exercise bike or a road bike. This seems a bit Bass-O-Matic to me, but it's apparently a real product for sale.

Related, the set of Doug Fleenor Design products built for comedy at trade shows. DMX is a lighting-control data standard, and Doug Fleenor made a bunch of DMX-activated widgets: the DMX shock collar, the DMX-activated under-console foot massager, the DMX-driven Etch-A-Sketch (the "DMX-a-Sketch"), and a DMX-switched coffee pot. This one was so popular, they started actually manufacturing them. Your lighting guy can now turn the coffee pot on via remote from the light board, so he'll have fresh-brewed coffee waiting for him when he goes on break. Personally, the one I wanted was the DMX under-desk foot massager. I've got extra money in my equipment budget this year; I wonder if I could justify one of these....

No comments: