Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Good evil food!

I made a new cheap-lunch discovery today: Kraft makes microwaveable macaroni products! How did I not know about Easy Mac before now? On the minus side, it's high in sodium and comes in non-recyclable packaging. On the plus side, it cooks in four easy minutes and requires only a little water and a spoon. Also, it tastes exactly like the stovetop Kraft mac-n-cheese; I'll let you decide if that belongs in the plus or minus category. I found them on sale for a dollar each at the grocery; for a buck, it's not a bad lunch....

3 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

you can get Easy Mac in packets, and provide your own bowl, if you'd rather not have the non-recyclable packaging. ;)

Grace LOVES the stuff. And, I found out they have an Alfredo noodle bowl, and a Garlic something-or-other noodle bowl as well! :)

tina said...

You did not know about kraft easy mac before... because the managers at Whole Foods would rather hop on a plane to Brazil and personally chainsaw down an old-growth rainforest tree than sell the chemical goodness that is Kraft Easy Mac 'n' Cheese!

Of course, college students never cease to educate me; these days if you don't make your own vat of the regular stuff and freeze individual portions in tupperware, you're an obscene capitalist. :)

Jeff Mountjoy said...

I'm liking the idea of making StandardMac and freezing it in portions. I can even corrupt it by adding canned chicken, frozen peas, and tabasco sauce.

Those college kids: clever.