Thursday, September 04, 2008

Linkage

Amusing things for the day:
  • Manfred Mann of 43 Folders lists his tongue-in-cheek criteria for whether or not he should read a non-fiction book from the promo pile he receives daily.
  • Wired Magazine's list of Five Gadgets That Could Get You Arrested. I like the knife, but the laser-based graffiti toy is pretty cool too....
  • Of the cool, DeputyDog's picture show of the world's coolest gargoyles and grotesques. My favorite: the glow-in-the-dark dragon in Munich. If you're not reading Deputy Dog on a semi-regular basis, you should start.
  • In honor of Don LaFontaine's passing, an article about another of my favorite voice actors: Frank Nelson.

1 comment:

Clint said...

Handheld laser marker: useful for tattoos?

Just to be clear, I'm not thinking about personal body art or marking my ownership of another.

I think being able to clearly mark someone's forehead with "Moron" or "Doesn't play well with others" would be a public service and a time saver in the long run.