Thursday, August 14, 2008

Writing Seminars

I know what defines a writer: they write. The defining characteristic isn't reading books about writing, or thinking about writing, or going to seminars about writing. It's all about putting words on a page, and nothing else really matters.

That being said, I'm spending a lot of GenCon time at the writing seminars. The guest of honor is Michael Stackpole, and other notables include Patrick Rothfuss, Jean Rabe, and Chris Pierson. I'm looking forward to spending some time with the writers. Hopefully, I'll learn something while I'm at it, too.

One minor oddity: the schedule shows some of the authors bi-locating, doing a lecture at the Embassy Suites while they're also leading a panel discussion at the Marriott. Not sure how this is going to work.

No comments: