Friday, July 11, 2008

New record time!

Made it to work this morning in 14:42, door to door, which beats my old record by a minute and a half. I doubt I'll be able to top this time anytime soon. For one thing, I took the shortest possible route (almost exactly four miles). For another, a total of eight seconds of my entire trip was spent stopped at a light. Not only this, but I also pedaled my ass off. You can't overestimate the importance of this. To get a better time, I'll either have to find a shorter route (which might involve a tesseract of some sort), be in significantly better shape, or have a good tailwind. The wind was the only thing working against me this morning; I had a 10mph headwind for the entire trip. But I doubt I'll be able to shave much more time off of the ride.

No comments: