Monday, July 21, 2008

Back in town

Laura and I spent the last week or so in Virginia, visiting her family. Not much to say about the trip, really -- it was family time, which is good, and I enjoyed seeing Laura's mom, my brothers-in-law, and my niece Sarah and nephew Ashton. I also finally got to meet Laura's old friend Bruce; after eleven years with Laura, I'm impressed that I'm still meeting cool friends of hers for the first time.

Unrelated: it's extremely weird, being without internet access for more than a day or so. I also didn't realize how much I read online in a week until I came back and tried to catch up on it in a day. And, the list keeps getting longer. I probably can't go a whole week without finding something new online I'd like to keep up with. This week: Tor Books launches a new, cool website featuring what looks like a few thousand words of interesting content daily. I'm approaching the saturation point; soon I won't be able to read anything online without eliminating something else from my reading list....

No comments: