Friday, February 22, 2008

The What? Awards

I want to stress that I'm not running around telling absolutely everyone I see on the street that I was nominated for a Rose Award. I'm very selective about spreading the news. I'm currently using a mental checklist to determine if I should do the low-grade bragging of mentioning that I'm a nominee. It looks something like this:
  • Do I remember the person's name?
  • Is the person breathing?
If the answer to both of these questions is YES I will usually tell the person how cool I am, in the form of telling them I'm a Rose Award Nominee and showing them my cool pin. (If the answer to the second question is NO, I contact medical authorities.) Response has been mixed, with about half of the people saying something like, "congratulations! That's great! You deserve something like this!", and the other half saying something that sounds like, "Congratulations! What's a Rose Award?" But everyone's happy for me. Thanks, gang!

2 comments:

Teri Dougherty said...

I will make a point of letting everyone know that I have a really cool nephew!

Aunt Teri

Anonymous said...

I stop by to visit your blog and discover you are a famous award nominee? Way to go!

--Tina