Tuesday, February 19, 2008

More Bachelor Days

Laura's doing a show out of town again, for ten days this time, in Norfolk, Virginia. We spent yesterday making preparations for her departure -- visiting the bookstore, the drugstore, the grocery, and generally running a pile of errands, plus doing laundry and packing and cleaning up the house. It's been a little hectic, but we got to everything on the to-do list.

Now that she's safely on a plane, I can transition from hectic to busy. I've been realizing that I tend to schedule my bachelor days pretty heavily. I've got an appointment for platelets, a side job doing plumbing, and half a dozen dinner offers (maybe word has leaked about my all-pot-pie diet the last time she was out of town). I've also got only one day off work the whole time she's gone. Bummer; I was hoping I'd have two or three days off in a row, so I could take a short camping trip. Instead, I've got other plans, in addition to the above. I'm going to read, I'm going to write, and I'm going to see Jumper, even though it hasn't been reviewed very well.

And I'm going to water Laura's plants. Except the jade plants.

No comments: