Saturday, February 02, 2008

Art and Soul

It's Art & Soul month at the Artsgarden. We've scheduled some great performances by some excellent musicians; Gregg Bacon performs today, and later this month we've got Drums of West Africa (Tuesday the 12th), jazz singer Cynthia Layne (Thursday the 21st), and the Tony Cheeseborough Blues Band (Tuesday the 26th). These guys are all good, so if you find yourself downtown near the Artsgarden on the appropriate days, drop by, catch the show, and say hi to the sound guy (me). We're also hosting dancers, choirs, orchestras, and a historical reenactment or two. It'll be a fun month, and also a bit busy; I'm working all of the performances and events, since our sound guy is out of town until March. On the plus side, since we've instituted a policy wherein I'm not allowed to work more than 40 hours in a week, I'll have my full quota of days off; they'll be oddly spaced, but I'll have them. I'm planning on writing a lot, sort of an unofficial NaNoWriMo in February; my goal is to average at least 1000 words a day. Wish me luck with the writing, and stop downtown and catch a show if you can!

No comments: