Sunday, January 20, 2008

Nice visit!

I had a great time with Jennifer yesterday. We started the afternoon with some loafing and talking, then I took her to dinner at the Weber Grill downtown before we went to the symphony. The show was excellent -- the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra performed Beethoven's "Pastorale" symphony and Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring", both pieces introduced by actors. For the Pastorale Symphony, an actor portrayed Beethoven discussing his growing deafness and what inspired the piece. For "Rite of Spring", a cast of dancers and actors recreated some of the opening of the show in Paris, complete with riots in the audience, as well as Stravinsky and Nijinsky's thoughts on the piece as it was being created. It was much fun, and Jennifer and I enjoyed the show. Afterwards, we went out to the Aristocrat with Laura and spent a few more hours hanging around and talking. It was a nice visit, and I'm happy she included me in her travel plans. I don't have many old friends (people who could remind me of what a jerk I was when I was younger, but choose not to), so I really enjoy spending time with them when I have a chance. I like the sense of shared history I have with my old friends. I wish more of them lived closer to Indy....

3 comments:

fairydust1 said...

I adored our visit too. I wish I lived close enough to do it more often. As for "could remind me of what a jerk I was, but chooses not to" - I never ever thought you were a jerk. I worshipped the ground you walked on. I thought you were uber cool, and super confident.

I'm so glad we got to spend the whole afternoon and evening together. It was an awesome ego boost for a mommy of two! :)

Jeff Mountjoy said...

I appreciate the happy memories. And I did have jerk moments; thanks for not even remembering them! :-)

Jennifer B. said...

I made my own post about the trip on LJ. Go take a look when you get a chance! :)

While you may have had jerk moments back then, I don't believe any of them were directed at me *grin*!