Friday, January 25, 2008

Cocooning

I'm psyched about this weekend. I don't have to work, I don't have to be anywhere, Laura's out of town, and she took the Jeep. This means I've got an entire weekend to myself with nowhere to go, nothing to do, and no weather-appropriate transportation. I'm planning on spending the next 48 hours wrapped in a blanket, in the comfy chair or on the couch or in bed, doing nothing but reading and writing and loafing. It's like a vacation -- a short vacation with no travel, but still a vacation.

Actually, I do have one little plan: I'm meeting my dad for breakfast in the morning. We try to have breakfast every week, and it's rare that we miss one. Tomorrow we're meeting at a diner on the east side, about a 25-minute bike ride away. It'll be cold, but dad's worth the trip. And, it'll keep me from sleeping in until noon. I might even hit the grocery on the way back and pick up some kind of culinary treat for myself, possibly something from the pot-pie oeuvre.

No comments: