Monday, September 17, 2007

And, an occasional low tree

I cracked my bike helmet this morning, just a bit. I failed to duck sufficiently to avoid a low-hanging tree branch over the sidewalk. It looked all leafy, but it was pretty darn solid. I'm going to blame the wind (which, unlike the rider, isn't here to defend itself against the accusation); the branch bobbed down at the last second, and I didn't have time to avoid it. I stayed on the bike, but ouch. Headache, neck ache, whine. I got home and took a short nap, and I'm feeling a bit better now that the Advil has kicked in. Still, hard to Write with a headache. Thus, I blog a bit.

Darn trees. I'm thinking we should embark upon a massive deforestation campaign. Trees are so last century; we need something new for the new millennium.

No comments: