Thursday, August 02, 2007

GenCon -- I can go!

In years past, GenCon (the world's biggest Geek Convention) has been the weekend of my birthday. I missed last year because I was busy hiking in King's Canyon. This year wasn't looking good, either -- it's a busy time at work, and we've got plans for that Saturday and Sunday. I'd feel like a heel skipping a wedding and my nephew's birthday party just so I could go to GenCon. But I just checked the calendar and found that GenCon isn't until the following weekend. Hoo Rah! I'm psyched about the chance to spend a day being Nerdy and communing with my fellow gaming/fantasy/sci-fi enthusiasts. Depending on my work schedule, I might even see if I can take Friday off and make it a two-day event. Two days of Geeky Gaming Goodness -- I'm thrilled!

I might even fully embrace my inner geek and dress up for the occasion. Any ideas for a costume? I'm thinking not Elf or Jedi, but other than that I'm open for suggestions....

3 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Re: Costume - pick something from Heavy Metal. That'd be totally COOL, dude :)

*HUGS*

Jeff Mountjoy said...

Yah, except the only really cool costume from Heavy Metal would require that I dress in drag. I'm SO not doing that at GenCon. :-)

Jennifer B. said...

How about Warlock? (wink) you could do the part so well. :)