Friday, July 13, 2007

Nothing On Hold!

I can't afford to purchase all the books I read, so I spend a lot of time at the library. Even through their recent rounds of financial and construction trauma, they've done a good job of keeping up with new books and movies. They're also great about ordering odd titles if you request them; I just picked up a copy of Cherie Priest's Dreadful Skin, which they ordered for me. It was only available in a limited-edition, signed hardcover, and they ordered one anyway. How cool is that?

I picked up Dreadful Skin yesterday, and I just checked online to see what else I have on hold. For the first time I can remember, I have nothing waiting in my hold queue at the library. Wow! I'm not short on reading material yet -- I've got ten books from the library waiting in a pile at home, so I've got at least two or three weeks of reading lined up, plus I want to re-read the last two Harry Potter novels before I pick up #7. And I've got a few dozen books I'd really like to read. I suppose I should start placing them on hold at the library; I'd hate to have to actually purchase books when my reading pile shrinks to zero....

No comments: