Thursday, July 19, 2007

Deathly Hollow spoilers

The last Harry Potter novel hits the stores tomorrow at midnight, but a lot of people have managed to get copies in advance. Spoilers abound on the 'net, and you can buy advance-of-sale copies on eBay for -- surprisingly -- less than cover price. A local radio station is reading the last three pages, a page a day, at 10am Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. I don't want spoilers; I want to read the book before I hear people talking about how it ends. And I assume I'm not alone. With that in mind, I'd like to see a few fake spoilers floating around on the web, so the disinformation balances out the actual spoilers. I'd love to read a "spoiler" that says that Harry kills Voldemort at the end of the book, but the battle isn't without price: Harry will spend the rest of his life walking around on chicken feet. Or one that says that Hermione dies early in the book, and Ron and Neville become a couple. I'd enjoy some fake spoilers stolen from bad slash fanfic....

We have a reserved copy of Deathly Hollows waiting at the downtown Borders. They're throwing a Potter Party on Friday night, for all of the people who want to wear costumes and pick up their copies at 12:01 am. Unfortunately, it's the Friday night of the Black Expo Summer Celebration; nobody will be able to find parking, and downtown will be one huge party. I'll probably skip the party and pick up the book after work Saturday afternoon. Even though I've got free parking, I don't feel like the two-hour round trip it'll take to get downtown Friday night.

The funniest Harry Potter thing I've found online: Lore Sjoberg's rating of magic spells. Check it out.

No comments: