Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A few random thoughts

Thought #1: I just finished making the pile of CDs for tomorrow's event. A hundred CDs, CD labels, and jewel case inserts, and I'm highly impressed with the fact that I didn't screw anything up in the process; I didn't have to redo any of the printing, and I never stuck the label to the wrong side of a CD. I don't know what it says about my self-image that I'm surprised by the fact that I can do simple repetitive tasks without error.

Thought #2: I like getting new tools. Even silly, non-technical tools. I was extremely happy with my new paper cutter, especially after using to make a blue bazillion cuts for my CD case inserts.

Thought #3: One of the nice things about working at the Artsgarden: my boss is very good about not overworking any of us. There are necessary exceptions, but as a rule Mike tries to keep us to around 40 hours and/or five days per week. This is important for the tech guy; we do something like 400 performances, exhibits, and events in a year, and we don't have many completely dark days. If we didn't actively work to keep our schedules normal, it'd be pretty easy to work seven days a week, or 60 hours a week. I'm mentioning this because I just found out that I've worked so much this week, I'm getting Monday off! Yeeha! This means I get to do some wild, exciting painting!

No comments: