Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Triumphant (though short-lived) return!

Laura comes home tonight! Yeeha! I'm looking forward to spending a little time with her, after a week apart. And it will be a little time; her flight lands at 8:20 tonight, and tomorrow we're volunteering for Spotlight, the annual benefit for the Indiana AIDS Fund. We show up tomorrow morning at 8am, and work all day. We should finish around 1am Tuesday morning, and Laura's got a 7am flight. We'll probably head home and try to catch a few hours' sleep before we need to be at the airport. So it's not a lot of time together.

I can't put my finger on why I'm doing it, but I've noticed that I've spent the day frenetically engaged in lots of little projects. I've painted the back of the garage to cover the graffiti, I finally ground off the drywall screw that's been sticking out of our shuffleboard court since we moved in (and which has been irritating my for years, every time I try to shovel snow out back), I'm baking cookies, I'm cleaning, and I'm doing a hundred other little odd tasks that aren't really urgent. For some reason, I'm feeling the need to completely occupy myself, instead of relaxing or reading or loafing....

No comments: