Saturday, April 21, 2007

I'm stripping!

Get your minds out of the gutter -- I'm stripping wallpaper. If you're curious, I've got a picture or two of the walls, during and after, on my Flickr page. It's a pretty tedious process, partially because the guy who put the wallpaper up was a naughty boy. He didn't do anything to prep the wall before he papered, so it didn't come off as smoothly as I would've liked. I took some of the plaster with it in places, and some of the underlying paint, too. So next on my to-do list is lots of sanding and filling and patching and sanding. Then I carefully mask everything, then I prime everything, then I do some complicated painting. For now, I'll just revel in the fact that I don't have to strip anymore wallpaper.

You'll notice I've posted a lot here today (or at least a lot for me). That's been because it's a convenient break from peeling wallpaper....

No comments: