Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Aww, cute error message!

My Hog1000 light board at work just died. I'm not sure how bad the damage is; I'm still in the process of figuring out if I need to reprogram absolutely everything or not. But I was somewhat impressed by the final error message it gave me before it crashed hard: a text box popped up on the screen that said, "Oops, I just croaked!" I thought it was funny. Not so funny as to balance out the day it'll take me to recreate the programming, but still more amusing than a traditional Blue Screen of Death.

It crashed hard for absolutely no reason. I'm not sure what went wrong, but it seems like something serious. For a few minutes, it gave me an error message that said, "Out of Memory> Playback functions disabled.", even though I've got a fairly small patch and a total of maybe 100 cues in all of my cue lists. Anybody else had similar problems with a Jands Hog 1000?

No comments: