Monday, January 08, 2007

Getting organized

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I've got a lot of stuff I need to get done, both at home and at work, and I'm beginning to realize that a mental to-do list with 400 items on it is essentially useless. I'd like to stay on top of my pile of things to do. I'm hoping to get stuff done before it becomes a crisis (which I've done occasionally). And when I find ten minutes of free time it would be nice to be able to find a task to fill the time, so I can check something off the list. I have a lot of little short projects, and they tend to get pushed back until they become emergencies, and it would be nice to have them written down, dated, and prioritized so I can fit them into my schedule. So I'm working on writing stuff down (natural for a writer, really), and I'm trying to invent a system to organize it. I'll let you know how it works and what I come up with; wish me luck!

No comments: